Monday, April 1, 2013

Earth-Friendly Tip!

Happy April! I am all for making the whole month about the earth instead of just one day, so I'll try to share some sustainability tips with you. Here's my first helpful hint!



Don't you hate the way some things are packaged? Like at some point I can't get anymore toothpaste/shampoo/body wash/lotion out of its container, and I feel like I've been cheated. And more than I hate wasting money, I hate waste in general. So I have a nifty little trick to share (you've probably already thought of this, but in case you haven't)! 

I use a pan scraper, or if you don't have that, something with a flat edge that's somewhat thin and sturdy. Starting at the end furthest from the opening, use the scraper to push whatever's left to the other end. Then find some sort of handy container and both your hands' squeezing power to empty the contents into your container. With toothpaste, you can't really empty it into anything else, but at least you can squeeze more out of it! 

Then find a cool store near you like Tree Huggers or participate in Terracycle to be even more earth friendly and recycle your tube! 

What tricks do you have for reducing waste or making life easier? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment