Monday, November 12, 2012

Beauty Blogger VoxBox Review

"Influenster is a free-to-join community of invited trendsetters who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products." (Definition from Influenster) I joined this site just a little while ago, and then I was chosen to receive and report on the Beauty Blogger VoxBox! Above are the contents, so exciting!

First up; I just let you know how i felt about these Bath and Body Works mini candles the other day, but I found the first picture I took of it and it looks so nice next to my pumpkin beer! Mmm, pumpkin.
Not Your Mother's makes salon quality hair products that you can find at CVS, Walmart, and ULTA Beauty. They proudly make their products in the USA! I received a sample of the Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream. My hair isn't too frizzy, but I also have a lot of flyaways on the top of my head. This cream, which smells great and doesn't weight my hair down, does the trick! I really want to try the Way to Grow shampoo and conditioner because my hair is really fine and grows slowly. I'm always looking for great affordable solutions to that!

This NYC Individual Eyes Custom Compact is awesome. I don't usually wear eyeshadow, but having this in my possession has resulted in greater eyeshadow usage! I got the Dark Shadows compact, but I'm tempted to pick up some of the other shades. I often want smokey eyes when I go out, but I am not confident with makeup and wear very little. Luckily, NYC provides you with easy instructions for this product. They also include an illuminator shade, which really puts a great touch on the look. For only $4.99, look for the compact matching your eye color and give it a try!


These spin pins from Goody are a really cool idea. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier I have really thin hair, so these don't really work well for me! I normally do put up my hair this way most days, but two bobby pins are all I need. In the description it says it does the work of 20 bobbies, to give you an idea. I do see on their website that they make mini spin pins for fine or thin hair - so that sounds like it might work better for me. I think if your hair wasn't too thin or too thick, this would be perfect for a quick hair-do. The pins are really simple to use and there are instructions for a few different styles on the package.

There were two more products in my VoxBox - the KISS faux eyelashes and the EBoost Daily Health Booster. I have to be honest, I am way too afraid to try the eyelashes. Anyone in the Grand Rapids area want to give them a go in my place? I did have the E-Boost. It tasted all right as far as powder added to water goes. I didn't notice an increase in immunity or anything, but I also didn't get sick. I am not a huge fan of orange flavored things, so I don't see myself buying a package of these anytime soon. I would consider getting some of these and using them as an add-in to smoothies. I think that could be an easier way to use this product.

So what do you think? Will you try (or do you already own) any of these great products that Influenster shared with me? I already snagged another mini candle from Bath & Body Works and I'm thinking about getting another NYC Individual Eyes Compact for the holiday season. Most of these would also make great stocking stuffers! It's crazy how soon Christmas is coming. Hope your Monday is very un-Monday-like!


No comments:

Post a Comment