Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Party Tips feat. LaDawn!

Happy Holidays! They're here, whether you like it or not. I'm not hosting my own holiday party this year, but I am helping a friend out with hers, so I thought I'd share a little inspiration with you for your gathering, whether it be a big party or just a few friends!

Eats: 
I am excited to feature an Etsy shop called ladawnelaine. LaDawn is from the town across from my hometown - catch - it's in Canada! Such a small world. Anyway, LaDawn makes vintage inspired decor - mainly cupcake and cake toppers and party decor. It's gorgeous stuff that you should consider adding to your party, plus - she's offering Lovely Llorys readers a 10% discount through the end of November - november10.
LaDawn customized these cupcake toppers for me - I asked for Merry Christmas in different languages, so we are representing French, Spanish, Croatian, and Hawaiian! She can make them with or without the lace as well: )


By the way, I used this recipe to make just 6 cupcakes for my demo (I multiplied the recipe by 3). 

Gift Wrap:
I love wrapping gifts - a love not granted to everyone. I like pretty paper from the store, creating my own reusing paper grocery bags, or using old maps. I went with pretty paper from the store for this one.
My grandma (Llorys, as in Lovely Llorys), is a great lady who I take after in her knack for collecting things. One of her collections is Woody from Toy Story! I got this for her during Halloween clearance, isn't he cute?
First Christmas present = wrapped! I used LaDawn's handmade Christmas gift tags atop my reindeer with scarves wrapping paper! Check out these teeny tags as well, so cute! Now we just need to put up the tree; ahh I'm getting excited! 

Tunes:
The classics are great of course, but if you want to add some new songs to your holiday playlist this year check out these new albums:
via Starbucks; I'm loving the Shins version of "Wonderful Christmastime"

You can get all 58 songs on Sufjan's latest Christmas album for just $15. A great deal!


Dress:
Why not use this occasion to buy a new dress? I like these options for under $100.
Express - Because you know you can always use a little more sequins in your life.

H&M - This dress is only $18 and I love it! It's so sassy.



Apt. 9 via Kohl's. Super color appropriate and you could wear it to work, too!

I'd love to hear your holiday tips! What are you serving? Who are you wearing? And let me in on your favorite holiday songs!

Thanks again to LaDawn for her part in this post! Please follow her on Twitter @ladawnouellette and Pinterest and support her shop for your next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment