Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kate Nash

On St. Patrick's Day I got to see Kate Nash in concert for the very first time! I feel like I've loved her forever, so I was ecstatic when I found out she was coming to Grand Rapids! Here are a few pictures: )





She is so beautiful and wonderful and has the best voice you've ever heard. She is also a great advocate for women and mentioned more than once that certain words in her songs were "non-gender specific" and how if you're a woman and you want to make music how you shouldn't be afraid and you should just go for it! All this in a British accent, btw.

Her band was also all girls! As was the opening band, Supercute! If you haven't listened to Kate Nash, take this opportunity to check out her new album, Girl Talk. Her old albums are brilliant as well!

Check out Plan USA, the charity she is working with! They are doing great things.

Are you a fan yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment